You spend ages sorting out your hair and trimming your beard (and for good reason, we all appreciate a groomed man), but weirdly, the concept of getting a pedicure isn’t up there on your to-do lists. There’s always been this stigma against male beauty treatments, even when they can actually be beneficial.
Pedicures are a common foot treatment which removes dead calluses, trims long toenails and prevent ingrown toenails. It’s also an incredibly popular service at salons that women have been having for a long time…your feet will honestly never feel better than straight after getting a pedicure.
However, while we don’t see every man running to get their feet pampered, there has been a rise in the number of male pedicures. Whether that’s because of all the praise women have given pedicures, or men have suddenly realised that they should feel comfortable getting them as well, who knows. After all, why can’t men enjoy a relaxing treatment?
If you have had a pedicure before, then you will understand the hype. If you haven’t, here’s why you need to get booking…because let’s be honest when was the last time you thoroughly cleansed your feet?
What You Should Expect:
Fortunately, if you can’t bring yourself to go to a salon and ask for a pedicure in public, then you can book an at-home treatment with LeSalon.
The treatment is approximately an hour long and includes the following:
- Your treatment will begin with a warm foot soak to soften the skin. Pretty relaxing if we say so ourselves.
- Then the nail technician will start trimming and shaping your nails because there’s nothing more uncomfortable than overgrown toenails.
- Any dirt from under your nails will also be removed.
- The technician will then scrub your feet. This might be slightly ticklish, but nothing you can’t handle. Essentially, this process gets rid of calluses and all the dead skin - your feet will never feel smoother.
- Finally, a hydrating and soothing lotion will be rubbed onto your feet - you can even add-on a foot massage to your order if you’re feeling a bit extra!
While pedicures are insanely relaxing pamper treatments, they also have a lot of benefits in terms of your foot hygiene. Most of you will spend a lot of time on your feet - whether that’s at the gym or walking to work - and this can take a toll on your feet. But it’s nothing a pedicure can’t fix.