Did you know Bradley Cooper was dumped by model Laura Simpson because of his foot fetish? Alright, it’s kind of freaky, but if hotties like Bradley love feet, don’t you want to work on yours and try your luck? Especially since summer is the perfect time to show your pretty tootsies dressed in gorgeous designer sandals. This is where LeSalon’s foot care advice comes in…
But hold on a second - isn’t summer also the season at which your feet get dry and flaky? That your nails turn yellow?
Fortunately, LeSalon explains why and how to counterattack. In other words, how to have sexy summer feet and seduce Bradley Cooper in 5 simple tips:
1. Walking barefoot thickens your feet hard skin layer.
As a result, your feet are rough like a rock, as they developed a natural skin protection. LeSalon’s advice is to get yourself a professional scalpel pedicure before your trip: the scalpel cut delays the development of callus, as opposed to regular manual or electric graters. This should give your feet at least a 2-week rest.
2. Sandals and flip flops encourage blisters
Leather and plastic straps tend to irritate your skin, develop reddish marks and worse case, nasty abscesses. LeSalon recommends you to alternate shoes and heel heights at least twice a day. Not only is it better for your bone structure in the long run, but it also limits the friction of your shoes to the same areas of your feet. Still getting these vicious blisters? One word: prevention. Get yourself an anti-blister treating stick (Compeed is our personal fave) and apply on your sensitive spots before irritations can start breaking out.
3. Sea, sand and salt dry your skin out.
Don’t let it ruin your summer and take advantage of the beach: sand is a natural exfoliator. Seize all available opportunities to rub your wet feet in the sand and get a mild, natural scrub. And most of all, moisturise generously and thoroughly (don’t forget the area between your toes) before and after a day at the beach.
4. Pool chlorine and nail polish attacks your nails
By attack, we mean makes them turn yellow. Ew. LeSalon wisely advises you to anticipate and follow this simple nail routine:
- Use nail pliers to shape your nails square - it will avoid ingrown nails
- File both the sharp edges and the surface of your nail to even out and soften
- Go over your nails with nail polish remover to remove both excess polish and excess oil
- Apply a protective nail base coat
5. Your nail polish doesn’t hold and flakes off faster. Walking barefoot and bathing reduce your pedicure’s lifecycle significantly. The best solution is to get yourself a semi-permanent gel nail polish before going on beach holidays. Not only will your pedi last all summer, your nails will be protected from the harmful beach aggressions foot fetishists dread. Feel like changing colours every now and then? Forget about semi-permanent polish and follow
Walking barefoot and bathing reduces your pedicure’s lifecycle significantly. The best solution is to get yourself a semi-permanent gel nail polish before going on beach holidays. Not only will your pedi last all summer, your nails will be protected from the harmful beach aggressions foot fetishists dread. Feel like changing colours every now and then?
Forget about semi-permanent polish and follow LeSalon’s guide:
After your nail beauty routine (see Tip #4), apply one very thin layer of nail polish. Let it rest 30 seconds and apply a second thin layer. Repeat in order to reach 4 thin layers. Alright, we know it’s not the way professionals do it, but let’s be honest, you probably don’t have the required skills to get the job properly done.
Apply one thin layer of top coat.
Give yourself enough time to let your nail polish dry, even if the label says 60 seconds. One episode of Downton Abbey lasts about the right drying time.
Apply a thin layer of top coat everyday after the beach.
And there you have it: beautiful, neat, sensual feet. If Bradley doesn’t fall for it, we sincerely apologise, but can no longer help you.
If you don’t want to do all this yourself, or just don’t have the time, why not book a pedicure treatment with LeSalon? Our therapists come to you and provide you with the ultimate pampering treatment.
(Btw, Bradley Cooper denied ever dating Laura Simpson and having a foot fetish. It turned out to be another crusty false rumour from the tabloids, but - no offense - we really needed to get your attention.)