Whether you love it or loathe it, Valentine’s is fast approaching and it’s time to get planning. Whether you are spending a weekend doing things with your other half or celebrating with your best galentine’s we’ll help you make it a weekend to remember.
We’ve rounded up our top 10 things to do in London this Valentine’s Day.
- The bottomless gin cocktail afternoon tea – £58 Mr Fogg’s Residence Have a thing for gin? This indulgent treat stars Hendrick’s tea-infused cocktails served in teapots.Food-wise there’s classic cucumber sandwiches, Victoria sponge, macaroons, marzipan and glacé fruits.Or, for the fizz fans, there’s a bottomless champagne cocktail tea for a tenner more.
- Something sweet for health food-lovers – £75, NAMA Artisan raw food restaurant NAMA is running a raw chocolate masterclass. You’ll learn everything from tempering to texturing and flavouring, plus leave with heart-shaped raw chocolates and a raw heart shaped cake.
- The Rom-Com Movie Club – £52, Buyagift.co.ukPartner a bit of a film buff? This London tour for two includes a visit to Bridget Jones’ street, the blue door from Notting Hill and key rom-com locations.
- The Champagne lunch, £38, Modern Mayfair Garden at Le Caprice Perrier-Jouët has paired up with Le Caprice to mark the Royal Academy of Arts’ exhibition, Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse, which sees Monet’s water lily paintings brought to the UK for the first time. The package includes a Champagne two-course lunch, tickets to the exhibition, and a gift bag.
- The fashionista’s treat – £19, The National Portrait Gallery The NPG is running an exhibition called Vogue 100: A Century of Style Collection. This showcases drop dead gorgeous photography commissioned by British Vogue since it was founded in 1916.
- Pamper with LeSalon – Treat yourself and your partner to a luxurious manicure/pedicure in the comfort of your home. You’ll even be spoilt by chocolates and champagne brought to your door. For a cosy weekend, nothing beats this!
- The bedroom picnic, from £45, Fortnum & Mason A bit like the M&S Dine In For 2, but posher. These cook-at-home (ie reheat) selections include classic aphrodisiacs such as lobster, Champagne, caviar and chocolate truffles.
- The Netflix & Chill stay, from £189, The Andaz London Liverpool Street The Bed, Flicks and Chill weekend package includes a stay in a suite, unlimited in-room movies, Prosecco, popcorn and breakfast. There’s also a free mini bar and you don’t have to check out until 2pm
- Uncle Bart’s Valentines Day Chocolate Masterclass Chocolate and cocktail lovers should signup sharpish for this Valentine’s masterclass led by a mixology expert from Barts Bar. The speak easy will provide the perfect setting for the workshop covering classic recipes from the Prohibition era, teamed with luxurious chocolatey flavours.
- Midnight Apothecary Valentines Special The Brunel’s pop-up garden cocktail bar is hosting a Valentine’s Day Special for a fourth year. Guests can expect a cosy fire pit, complimentary toasted marshmallows and cocktail infusions.