For the ultimate treatment, our shellac pedicure is the perfect choice. The polish lasts for up to two weeks, and the finish is much glossier than that in a classic manicure. It covers all the essentials of foot care, from nails to cuticles to skin. A little piece of luxury, this treatment aims to soothe the feet and make them look fabulous.
- Soaking the feet in pedicure bowl
- Trimming nails to the desired length
- Filing nails for a smooth finish
- Shaping nails into your desired shape (square, round, almond, etc.)
- Buffing of the nails
- Treatment of the cuticles – clipping and oiling
- Exfoliation of the feet with a foot scrub and foot file
- The nails are then painted (base coat, colour and top polish)
- A foot massage
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- A chair – make sure you’re relaxed and seated ready to be manicured.
- Some hot water for the pedicure bowl.
- A power socket so that our Salonette can plug in the UV lamp needed for this treatment.
What to expect in more detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you’ll recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and once the meet and greet is done, the therapist will ask to use some warm water to fill the pedicure bowl with. If this is all good, then the pedicure process can begin.
Your Salonette will begin by sterilising your feet as well as their hands: hygiene is important to us at LeSalon This will be done with a quick spritz of sterilising spray. You don’t need to worry about any mess being created, as our Salonettes are well trained and have punnets and towels to keep their kit together. Once the feet are sterilised, they will be placed into the pedicure bowl to soak.
Cutting and shaping
This part of the process is sort of where the magic happens. The therapist will start by cutting the nails to a desired length. Following this, they will ask you what type of shaped nails you would like, so this can be square, rounded, almond-shaped – whatever you want. To make sure it’s exactly what you want, your therapist will do this on one nail and ask you if you’re happy with it.
Cuticle care is important as they can be prone to infections and are sensitive – plus untidy cuticles are never a good look! A removing solution will be put on each toe around the cuticle, which the therapist will then remove thoroughly. The solution softens and cleans the cuticles; the therapist will then proceed to push back the cuticles gently. Do not hesitate to say if the pressure is too much/little, our Salonettes are trained to go at whichever pace you prefer. Once the dead cuticles appear, these will be neatly clipped away.
Foot file, exfoliation and lotion complete with massage
To make the feet really soft, the therapist will be equipped with a disposable foot file and foot scrub. The heel and ball of the foot will be filed to remove rough skin. With this completed, the feet will then be exfoliated with some foot scrub whilst being massaged, Again, just direct the Salonette as to if the pressure of the massage is fine. A bit of lotion will be applied, and then the therapist will proceed with the full foot massage.
Painting the nails
If everything looks good, so that’s the shape and the cuticles, the hardest part comes next: choosing a colour! FYI – if you’re looking for a specific colour, you can always mention that to us in the comments box when booking, we’ll do our best to accommodate that. The nail technician will then scrub the nail plate clean using acetone or alcohol; this is done so that the gel can be applied properly and excess oil and cream are removed. A base coat will then be applied to protect the nail, and then this will be cured under the UV lamp. Once this is done, two coats of your chosen colour will be applied which will be cured each time. Following this, the all-important top coat is applied and is cured one last time. Having completed the curing, acetone will be used over each nail to remove the sticky layer that is created from the manicure.
Once everything is dried, the cuticle oil is added and rubbed in. This nourishes and hydrates your nails. And voila – the classic pedicure is complete!
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book another treatment again. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
- What exactly is gel polish and how long does it last for? The gel manicure is gel structured polish. It is supposed to last for 2 weeks longer than a standard manicure with minimal to no chipping.
- Will the Salonette bring her own pedicure bowl? Your Salonette will bring a pedicure bowl along with her kit. You will not have to provide any manicure/pedicure tools at all.
- Do I need to supply towels for the pedicure? Your Salonette will bring towels with her, you don’t need to provide that.
- Is gel removal inclusive in the manicure? This has to be booked as a separate service, we have the service costing from £8.
- Why did my gel manicure chip after less than two weeks? There can be multiple reasons for this, please follow the link above to clear your doubts.