For the ultimate treatment, our gel manicure is a perfect choice. The polish lasts for up to two weeks, and the finish is super glossy. Plus, it dries instantly. To make things better, we come straight to your home for the treatment, which means more comfort and convenience. Watch the kids at the same time, or book us late after work.
- Cutting the nails to your desired length
- Filing the nails for a smooth finish
- Shaping the nails into your desired shape (square, round, almond, etc.)
- Buffing of the nails
- Treatment of the cuticles - clipping and oiling
- The nails are then painted (base coat, colour and top polish)
- A hand massage is also inclusive in this treatment
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- A chair for the therapist and for yourself so that you are relaxed and seated ready to be manicured.
- A power socket so that our Salonette can plug in the UV lamp needed for this treatment.
Expert beauticians at your convenience.
What to Expect in Detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you’ll recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and then the manicure process can begin.
Your Salonette will begin by sterilising your hands as well as yours: we care a lot about hygiene at LeSalon. This will be done with a quick spritz of sterilising spray. You don’t need to worry about any mess being created, as our Salonettes are well trained and have punnets and towels to keep their kit together.
Clipping and shaping
This part of the process is sort of where the magic happens. The therapist will ask you what type of shaped nails you would like, so this can be square, rounded, almond shaped. To make sure it’s the one that you want, the therapist will do this on one nail and you can make a decision if it’s the style you would like to stick to.
Cuticle care is important as they can be prone to infections and are sensitive - plus untidy cuticles are never a good look! A removing solution will be put on each toe around the cuticle, which the therapist will then remove thoroughly. The solution softens and cleans the cuticles; the therapist will then proceed to push back the cuticles gently. Do not hesitate to say if the pressure is too much/little, our Salonettes are trained to go at whichever pace you prefer. Once the dead cuticles appear, these will be neatly clipped away.
Painting the nails
If everything looks good, so that’s the shape and the cuticles, then the therapist will ask you to choose a colour that you want to be applied to your nails. This can be quite a difficult choice because we have many colours available to choose from. FYI - if you’re looking for a specific colour, you can always mention that to us in the comments box when booking, we’ll do our best to accommodate that. The nail technician will then scrub the nail plate clean using acetone or alcohol; this is done so that the gel can be applied properly and excess oil and cream are removed. A base coat will then be applied to protect the nail, and then this will be cured under the UV lamp. Once this is done, two coats of your chosen colour will be applied which will be cured each time. Following this, the all-important top coat is applied and is cured one last time. Having completed the curing, acetone will be used over each nail to remove the sticky layer that is created from the manicure.
Your Salonette will massage in a nourishing lotion to ensure your skin, nails and cuticles are well-hydrated. If you’d like some extra massage time, you can always book that as an add-on - it’s definitely a fan favourite!
Once everything is dried, the cuticle oil is added and rubbed in. This nourishes and hydrates your nails. And voila - the gel treatment is complete!
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book for another treatment again. We are confident in the service that we provide and are sure that you would be happy to book again. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
- What exactly is shellac and how long does it last for? The shellac manicure is a mix of gel and regular nail polish. It is supposed to last for 2 weeks longer than a standard manicure with minimal to no chipping.
- How does the gel set? Gel manicures are cured with a UV lamp.
- How will I know if my booking has been confirmed? Using the app and website is slightly different, but clicking on your user then “bookings/booking history’ will lead you to see your confirmation.
- Is Shellac removal inclusive in the manicure? This has to be booked as a separate service, we have the service costing from £8.
- What nail polish brand is used for the shellac manicure? We use a range which includes: OPI, Essie, Orly and Shellac.