Our Nailberry manicure is a healthy yet highly effective manicure - perfect for vegans, greenies or if you’re looking for something that’s a bit easier on the nails in general. This brand of polish is animal cruelty-free and is an impressive 12 free formula. Nailberry is a long wear polish, creates an immaculate shine and the pigmentation game is strong. On top of this, the polish allows your nails to “breathe’ and allows water vapour and air to pass through the nails, which helps your nails stay strong and healthy even when wearing polish (which is typically dehydrating for your nails).
- Trimming nails to the desired length
- Filing nails for a smooth finish
- Shaping nails into your desired shape (square, round, almond, etc.)
- Buffing the nails
- Treatment of the cuticles - clipping and oiling
- The nails are then painted with your chosen Nailberry colour (base coat, colour and top polish)
- Application of hand lotion
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- Two chairs and a table is the most ideal as a set up but our Salonettes can still manage without a table.
What to expect in more detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you’ll recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black, sporting our logo. Invite them in, and then the manicure process can begin.
The Salonette will begin by sterilising your hands as well as theirs with a quick spritz of sterilising spray: we care a lot about hygiene at LeSalon. You don’t need to worry about any mess being created, as our Salonettes are well trained and have punnets and towels to keep their kit together.
Cutting and shaping
This part of the process is sort of where the magic happens. Your Salonette will ask you what type of shaped nails you would like, so this can be square, rounded, almond-shaped - whatever you want. To make sure it’s the one that you want, the therapist will do this on one nail and you can make a decision if it’s the style you would like to stick to.
Cuticles are important to be tended to as they can be prone to infections and are sensitive. A removing solution will be put on each finger around the cuticle, which the therapist will then remove thoroughly. The solution leaves the cuticles clean and soft; the therapist will then proceed to push back the cuticles gently. Do not hesitate to say if the pressure is too much/little, our Salonettes are trained to go at whichever pace you prefer. Once the dead cuticles appear, these will be neatly clipped away.
Hand lotion application
A bit of lotion will be applied to the hands to keep them soft and supple.
Painting the nails
If everything looks good, so that’s the shape and the cuticles, then the hardest part comes next. Choosing a colour! The nail technician will then scrub the nail plate clean using acetone or alcohol. A base coat will then be applied to protect the nails and allow for a smoother colour application, followed by two coats of the colour you chose, finished off with the top coat.
Once everything is dried, the cuticle oil is added and rubbed in. And voila- the classic nail manicure is complete.
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book for another treatment again. We are confident in the service that we provide and are sure that you would be happy to book again. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
- How do I know that my booking has been confirmed? Once you book your appointment, it varies if you’re checking using the app or the website. On our website, simply click on your username on the navigation bar along the top and click on ‘Booking History’. From there, you can see your upcoming and previous bookings. When the booking has been confirmed, it will say ‘confirmed’ next to the therapist’s name. For the app, it’s pretty much the same though the layout is slightly different. Just click on the top left-hand side, and click on ‘Bookings.’ Here you will have all of the confirmation details just as it is on the website.
- Which brand of polish do you use? We use a range of brands which includes: OPI, Essie, Vinylux and Orly.
- Is Nailberry vegan friendly? Yes, you can read the full rundown of what Nailberry actually includes following the link above.
- What is the best way to keep the manicure intact? We usually recommend to just treat your hands fairly and to keep away from any harsh chemicals for the best results. A cheeky trick is to paint on an extra top coat yourself a few days after your treatment.
- I’d like nail art, do you do this service? Yes, we do basic nail art from £10.