Our LeSalon Hollywood wax is a highly effective hair removal method that can leave you hairless for weeks. Goodbye razor! Plus, we come to you, which means no small, cramped wax room like in the salons, and you don’t have to put your jeans back on over your freshly waxed body and rush off. You’re in the comfort of your own home - you could even lie on your own bed with Netflix on beside you!
- Cleansing the areas to be waxed
- Removing the hair with hot wax
- Aftercare for the waxed area
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- A bed or sofa for you to comfortably lay on
- A nearby power socket to plug in the wax pots - your Salonette may suggest speeding up the heating of the wax by microwaving it. If you’d prefer not to, that’s absolutely fine and she’ll just use her wax pot.
- A towel - preferably an old one. This is to protect the bed or sofa you’ll lie on from any wax. Though spillage is unlikely, it can happen. And rest assured, the wax washes out in the laundry easily.
What To Expect In More Detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you’ll recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and once the meet-and-greet is done, the therapist will ask to plug in the wax pot(s) and lay out your provided towels on your place of choice. Once you’re ready and the wax has heated up the waxing treatment can take place.
Getting ready for the wax
- Your Salonette will place towels underneath the wax pot(s) that she has brought with her and keep her workstation tidy, so you do not need to worry about a mess being created.
- She will then proceed by asking if you are ready to remove your underwear for the Hollywood wax. You will then be offered to wear disposable underwear.
- She will leave you to get undressed and come back then use wipes to clean the area that will be waxed.
The wax itself
- As the wax is quite hot, your Salonette will ask you regularly if the temperature of the wax is fine.
- Hot wax is most suitable for this type of wax as it deals with a sensitive area of the body. It is applied to the skin, then removed once it has hardened. Read more about the difference between strip and hot wax in our blog post here.
- Every area down below will be treated, so be prepared for our Salonette to ask you to get into different positions to tackle the hair between the buttocks.
- We care deeply about hygiene, so gloves will be used throughout this process.
- If you are getting an intimate wax done for the first time, find out what to expect in this blog post.
Once the waxing is complete, aftercare oil will be applied to the waxed area. This is done to soften and soothe the skin. And voila - your treatment is complete!
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book another treatment again. It’s advisable to book again between 3-6 weeks so that the hairs are “waxable’ again. Too early, and the wax won’t have much to grip on and too long, it’ll be more painful. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
FAQs for waxing
- How often should I get a wax? It depends on how fast your hair grows but on average we would recommend getting waxed every 4 weeks. This is usually the right amount of time to have the hair at the best length, and will also allow the skin to be less sensitive to treatments. For our female clients: we recommend avoiding treatment around that time of the month: your skin will be more sensitive 5 days before and after.
- What’s the difference between a hot wax and a strip wax? Hot wax is for dealing with sensitive skin and thicker hair, whilst strip wax is for less sensitive skin and thinner hair. You can read more in-depth about the difference on our blog post about hot vs strip wax.
- How long does the hair need to be for a wax? The ideal length for waxing is about 1/4 inch to 1/2 an inch (0.5 cm to 1.5 cm). If your hair is not long enough, our therapist will let you know. If you decide to go ahead with the treatment, that’s not a problem at all. It is simply likely that we are not going to be able to get all the hair, as they’ll be too short to stick to the wax.
- How will I know when my booking has been confirmed? Once you book your appointment, we will ping our Salonettes and find the perfect match for you. Once a Salonette has confirmed she can do your booking, we will send you an email confirmation. You can also check booking details on the website or app. On our website, simply click on your username on the navigation bar along the top and click on ‘Booking History’. From there, you can see your upcoming and previous bookings. When the booking has been confirmed, it will say ‘confirmed’ next to the therapist’s name. For the app, it’s pretty much the same though the layout is slightly different. Just click on the top left-hand side menu, and click on ‘Bookings.’ Here you will have all of the confirmation details just as it is on the website.
- What kind of aftercare do you suggest? It is recommended that for 24 hours post-wax, you should:
- Avoid steam rooms or saunas
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Avoid hot baths
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothes for comfort
Read our full waxing aftercare guide on our FAQ page!
Want to see what an at-home treatment looks like? Check out our YouTube video below!