Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? You, baby! With our full face wax, you can get rid of those pesky facial hairs so that you can experience perfect looking skin. It also makes it easier to apply makeup and looks great without it too so it’s a win-win. We are an at-home beauty treatment service, so we come to you. That means you don’t have to worry about leaving the salon and walking home. See what the treatment entails with a full drill down.
- Cleansing the areas to be waxed
- Removing the hair with strip wax.
- Aftercare for the waxed area
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- A bed or sofa for you to comfortably lay on
- A nearby power socket to plug in the wax pots – your Salonette may suggest speeding up the heating of the wax by microwaving it. If you’d prefer not to, that’s absolutely fine and she’ll just use her wax pot.
- A towel – preferably an old one. This is to protect the bed or sofa you’ll lie on from any wax. Though spillage is unlikely, it can happen. And rest assured, the wax washes out in the laundry easily.
What To Expect In More Detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you’ll recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and once the meet-and-greet is done, the therapist will ask to plug in the wax pot(s) and layout your provided towels on your place of choice. Once you’re ready and the wax has heated up the waxing treatment can take place.
Getting ready for the wax
- Your Salonette will place towels underneath the wax pot(s) that she has brought with her and keep her workstation tidy, so you do not need to worry about a mess being created.
- She will then proceed by asking if you to lay down on your bed or sofa
- Your Salonette will then clean the area that will be waxed.
The wax itself
- As the wax is quite hot, your Salonette will ask you regularly if the temperature of the wax is fine.
- Hot wax will be used for the face as the skin is more sensitive. The hot wax will be applied and pulled off with getting rid of cheek, chin, sides, upper lip hair and eyebrows. Read more about the difference between strip and hot wax in our blog post here.
- The therapist will constantly be checking with you if the temperature of the wax is fine as it can be quite hot.
- We care deeply about hygiene, so gloves will be used throughout this process.
Once the waxing is complete, aftercare oil will be applied to the waxed area. This is done to soften and soothe the skin. And voila – your treatment is complete!
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book another treatment again. It’s advisable to book again between 3-6 weeks so that the hairs are ‘waxable’ again. Too early, and the wax won’t have much to grip on and too long, it’ll be more painful. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
FAQs for waxing
- Will my face be red after the treatment? Waxing may generally cause a little redness here and there, but as we use hot wax, this actually causes less redness. Plus, you needn’t worry as you won’t need to walk back home from the salon as our service comes to you.
- What’s the difference between a hot wax and a strip wax? Hot wax is for dealing with sensitive skin and thicker hair, whilst strip wax is for less sensitive skin and thinner hair. You can read more in-depth about the difference on our blog post about hot vs strip wax.
- How long does the hair need to be for a wax? The ideal length for waxing is about 1/4 inch to 1/2 an inch (0.5 cm to 1.5 cm). If your hair is not long enough, our therapist will let you know. If you decide to go ahead with the treatment, that’s not a problem at all. It is simply likely that we are not going to be able to get all the hair, as they’ll be too short to stick to the wax.
- Does it hurt as much as people say? The pain you will experience from an intimate is to be expected, but we have some tips to reduce the pain. Have a read about them here.
- What kind of aftercare do you suggest? It is recommended that for 24 hours post-wax, you should:
- Avoid steam rooms or saunas
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Avoid hot baths
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothes for comfort
Read our full waxing aftercare guide on our FAQ page!
Want to see what an at-home waxing treatment looks like? Check out our YouTube video!