For the ultimate treatment, our CND Shellac manicure is a perfect choice for a pamper session. The polish lasts up to two weeks, the finish is super glossy and dries instantly. If that’s not enough, we come straight to your home for the treatment so if you need to look after the kids of need to book a late treatment after work, you can!
- Trimming the nails to your desired length
- Filing the nails for a smooth finish
- Shaping the nails into your desired shape (square, round, almond, etc.)
- Buffing the nails
- Treatment of the cuticles - clipping and oiling
- The nails are then painted using only CND Shellac polishes
- Application of hydrating hand lotion
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
What we need from you
- A chair for the therapist and for yourself so that you are relaxed and seated ready to be manicured.
- A power socket so that our Salonette can plug in the UV lamp needed for this treatment.
What to expect in detail
When one of our Salonettes arrive at your house, you will easily recognise them as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and then the manicure process can begin. Once set up, these are the following steps included in the Shellac manicure procedure:
Your Salonette will start by sterilising your hands, as well as theirs, which will be done with a quick spritz of sterilising spray - we care a lot about hygiene at LeSalon. And, you don’t need to worry about any mess being created in your home, as our Salonettes are well trained and have punnets and towels to keep their kit together.
CLIPPING AND SHAPING
This is basically where the magic happens. If you don’t believe us, just wait. The therapist will ask you what type of shaped nails you would like - this can be square, rounded, almond shaped, so choose carefully. To make sure it’s definitely the one that you want, the therapist will do this on one nail and you can decide if it’s the style you would like to stick to.
Something a lot of people don’t know is that cuticle care is incredibly important as they can be prone to infections and are very sensitive. Plus, your nails will look a whole lot prettier when your cuticles are tidy! To treat cuticles, the Salonette will put a removing solution on each finger around the cuticle, which the therapist will then thoroughly remove. The solution works to leave the cuticles clean and soft; the therapist will then proceed to push back the cuticles gently. If the pressure is too much/little, don’t hesitate to tell your Salonette; they are trained to go at whichever pace you prefer. Once the dead cuticles appear, these will be neatly clipped away.
PAINTING THE NAILS
If everything looks good, e.g. the shape of nails and the cuticles, then the therapist will ask you to choose a colour that you want them to apply to your nails. The biggest decision, right? There will be so many CND Shellac colours that you will be able to choose from, but, from us to you, if you’re looking for a specific colour, you can always mention that to us in the comments box when booking and we’ll do our best to accommodate that. The nail technician will proceed to scrub the nail plate clean using acetone/alcohol, in order for the gel to be applied properly and so that excess oil and cream are removed. Using only CND Shellac polishes, a base coat will then be applied to protect the nail, and then this will be cured under the UV lamp. After this, two coats of your chosen colour will be applied which will also be cured each time. Following this, your nails will be finished off with a top coat which will be cured one last time. Having completed the curing, acetone will be used over each nail to remove the sticky layer that is created from the manicure.
Your Salonette will proceed to massage in a nourishing lotion to ensure your skin, nails and cuticles are well-hydrated. If you’re feeling some extra massage time, you can always book that as an add-on!
Once everything is dried, the cuticle oil is added and rubbed in. This nourishes and hydrates your nails. There you have it - the CND Shellac treatment is complete!
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book for another treatment again. We are confident in the service that we provide and are sure that you would be happy to book again. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
- What is CND Shellac and how long does it last for? CND Shellac is a new nail polish brand which is non-damaging and long-lasting. The polish should last up to 14 days.
- Is Shellac removal inclusive in the manicure? This has to be booked as a separate service, we have the service costing from £8.
- How will I know if my booking has been confirmed? Using the app and website is slightly different, but clicking on your user and then ‘bookings/booking history’ should lead you to see your confirmation.
- Extra hand massage - £15 - for the ultimate relaxation fix.