For the ultimate treatment, our CND Shellac mani-pedi is a perfect choice. The polish lasts up to two weeks with a glossy finish. The mani-pedi covers all the essentials of foot and hand care, from nails to cuticles to skin. To make it even better, this relaxing treatment can be done at your convenience.
- Trimming nails to the desired length
- Filing nails for a smooth finish
- Shaping the nails into your desired shape – this can be square, round, almond etc.
- Buffing the nails
- Treatment of the cuticles – clipping and oiling
- The nails are then painted and cured (base coat, colour and top polish) using CND Shellac polish only
- Application of hand lotion
- Soaking the feet in the pedicure bowl
- Exfoliation of the feet with a foot scrub and foot file
We offer the highest quality at-home treatments.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU FOR THIS TREATMENT
- For the manicure – we need a chair and table
- For the pedicure – some hot water for the pedicure bowl; water from the kitchen/bathroom sink will be sufficient. Also, a comfy sofa or bed for you to relax in.
- A power socket so that our Salonette can plug in the UV lamp needed for this treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN MORE DETAIL
When one of our Salonettes arrive, you will recognise them easily as they will be wearing all black and carrying their kit. Invite them in, and once the meet and greet is done, the therapist will ask to use some water to fill the pedicure bowl with. If this is all good, then the pedicure process can begin. Once set up, these are the following steps included in the Shellac manicure procedure:
Your Salonette will begin by sterilising your feet as well as their hands: hygiene is important to us at LeSalon. This will be done with a quick spritz of sterilising spray. You don’t need to worry about any mess being created, as our Salonettes are well trained and have punnets and towels to keep their kit together. Once the feet are sterilised, they will be placed into the pedicure bowl to soak.
CUTTING AND SHAPING
This part of the process is sort of where the magic happens. The therapist will start by cutting the nails to a desired length. Following this, they will ask you what type of shaped nails you would like, so this can be square, rounded, almond-shaped – whatever you want. To make sure it’s exactly what you want, your therapist will do this on one nail and ask you if you’re happy with it.
Cuticle care is important as they can be prone to infections and are sensitive – plus untidy cuticles are never a good look! A removing solution will be put on each toe around the cuticle, which the therapist will then remove thoroughly. The solution softens and cleans the cuticles; the therapist will then proceed to push back the cuticles gently. Do not hesitate to say if the pressure is too much/little, our Salonettes are trained to go at whichever pace you prefer. Once the dead cuticles appear, these will be neatly clipped away.
FOOT FILE, EXFOLIATION AND application of lotion
To make the feet really soft, the therapist will be equipped with a disposable foot file and foot scrub. The heel and ball of the foot will be filed to remove rough skin. With this completed, the feet will then be exfoliated with some foot scrub whilst being massaged, Again, just direct the Salonette as to if the pressure of the massage is fine. A bit of lotion will be applied, and then the therapist will proceed with the full foot massage.
PAINTING THE NAILS
If everything looks good, so that’s the shape and the cuticles, the hardest part comes next: choosing a CND Shellac colour! FYI – if you’re looking for a specific colour, you can always mention that to us in the comments box when booking, we’ll do our best to accommodate that. The nail technician will then scrub the nail plate clean using acetone or alcohol; this is done so that the gel polish can be applied properly, and excess oil and cream is removed. Using only CND Shellac polishes, a base coat will then be applied to protect the nail, and then this will be cured under the UV lamp. Once this is done, two coats of your chosen colour will be applied which will be cured each time. Following this, the all-important top coat is applied and is cured one last time. Having completed the curing, acetone will be used over each nail to remove the sticky layer that is created from the manicure.
Once everything is dried, the cuticle oil is added and rubbed in. This nourishes and hydrates your nails. And voila – the classic pedicure is complete!
The manicure entails: sterilising the hands, cutting, shaping and filing of the nails, cuticle treatment, hand lotion application and painting of the nails and curing them under a UV lamp.
Before the therapist leaves, she will ask you if you would like to book another treatment again. It takes no more than 20 seconds, just confirm the date that you would like to book in and leave the rest to us.
- What exactly is CND Shellac and how long does it last for? The Shellac manicure is a mix of gel and regular nail polish. It is supposed to last for 2 weeks longer than a standard manicure with minimal to no chipping.
- Do I need to provide towels for the pedicure? Your Salonette will bring towels with her, you don’t need to provide that.
- How is the Shellac polish set? Shellac manicures/pedicures are cured with a UV lamp.